Annual Fund gifts provide vital unrestricted operating support to CMATO’s greatest areas of need. Your gift helps provide:
- Visually powerful and inventive art exhibitions accompanied with strong scholarship developed by prominent curators.
- Implementation of free family drop-in art programs that will serve diverse communities.
- Establishment of a school programs curriculum grounded in Common Core State Standards, taught by trained art educators.
- Building of operational infrastructure to keep apace with our growth.
In 2016-2017, with your help, CMATO has:
- Presented 4 CMATO Speaker Series Lectures, 3 Art Exhibitions, Artist Talks and an Artist Demonstration
- Appointed 3 new board members
- Created 3 School-age Museum Art Programs
- Renovated our current location
- Hired an executive director, Tish Greenwood
- Increased the number of members by 15%
- Increased individual donations by 44% (as of April 2017)
- Increased total donations by 51% (as of April 2017)
- Introduced an updated website
- With Moran Auctioneers, hosted two CMATO Valuation Days
- Shattered attendance records with the Jack Reilly exhibition, including the gallery talk with Molly Barnes
- Exceeded the previous attendance records with the "Mass Appeal: Art of Corita Kent" Exhibition
- Increased press coverage of CMATO exhibitions, programs and events
- Presented two international trips to Europe
- Provided museum art education links for schools
- Created partnership with Cal Lutheran University, Cal State Channel Islands, Ventura College and Moorpark College
- Partnered with volunteers from thousand Oaks High School and the community to enhance CMATO's landscape
- The Inaugural Juried Art Exhibition, 32Degrees Latitude (Opens June 15, 2017), received more than 100 Call for Entries.
- Grown our Social Media presence
- Collaborated with Self Help Graphics and Art to present a hands-on screen printing workshop for the community